It is natural to feel anxious in moments of the day when it all gets too much. Anxiety can really slow you down, getting in the way of your daily chores. Nexon Botanics knows just the right thing to help. Essential oils, that contain aromatic compounds, help soothe feelings of anxiety with their unique fragrances. We all could use some mental calmness in our lives and aromatherapy does wonders to help you do that. Nexon Botanics has carefully selected the best essential oils for aromatherapy blends.
Aromatherapy Oils to Soothe Anxious Feelings
Lemon Essential Oil
Lemon-scented products are quite common, especially in household cleaning products. Ever wondered why?
Here’s an aromatherapy blend you can use to calm your troubles:
- Add one drop of peppermint oil.
- Add two drops of lemon oil into a diffuser.
- Diffuse the blend for 10 minutes in your office or bedroom.
Orange Essential Oil
Orange essential oil is obtained from the rind of the orange fruit.
With similar aromatic compounds as its fellow citrus fruit, lemon, orange essential oil is associated with uplifting the mood with its pleasant scent. It contains limonene which is a compound that has antioxidant properties that purify the air.
To take advantage of these properties of orange essential oil:
- Try it in a blend with rosemary essential oil.
- Add two drops of each oil into a diffuser and diffuse for 10 minutes.
Peppermint Essential Oil
When you think of the peppermint plant, you probably think of the smell of candy canes at Christmas time. For a very good reason, peppermint has always been associated with joy and cheer.
- Take a medium-sized bowl of steaming hot water.
- Add two drops of peppermint oil to it.
- Sit or stand over the bowl with a towel covering your head.
- Inhale the peppermint flavored steam for 5 minutes.
In these simple steps, feel refreshed at every point in the day. Whether it’s early in the morning before work or late at night before sleeping, put your mind at ease.
Rosemary Essential Oil
Anxiety is a state of mind that puts your body in fight or flight mode. You start to feel panicked and out of control. When this happens, it’s important to have an anchor that can ground you. Different fragrances can affect your mood depending on what they are. If the previous oils haven’t worked for you so far, chances are you haven’t found the right one.
Rosemary essential oil has a unique woodsy scent that gives you the feeling of being in a peaceful faraway cottage. Here’s a DIY recipe for your very own rosemary scented candle:
- Get a bowl of soy wax (as needed).
- Melt the wax on low heat.
- Add 10-12 drops rosemary essential oil to the wax.
- Mix the wax and the essential oil well together and pour into a glass container.
- Stick the wick into the center of the wax mixture.
- Light the candle and kick back in your brand new cottage!
Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender essential oil is one of the most sweet-smelling oils. Visions of fields of lavender flowers themselves are enough to evoke feelings of calmness and joy. To make the most of your essential oils, we’d recommend taking them in the bath. Here’s how!
- Take your favourite shower gel or liquid soap.
- Add three drops of lavender oil to it.
- Add one drop of coconut oil.
- Shake the mixture well.
- Fill up the bathtub with warm or hot water (depending on your preference).
- Add the mixture into your bath.
- Bask in the feeling of utter relaxation for as long as you need!