Organic Lavender Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
Organic Lavender Essential Oil, derived from the Lavandula latifolia herb, belongs to the mint family. It is produced via steam distillation of the lavender flower, which is needed in abundance to produce an ample amount of oil.
Historically, lavender essential oil originated from different parts of the globe, namely the Mediterranean, the Middle East, and India. So celebrated is this potion of purity and goodness that is now distributed all over the world. It’s no secret why Organic Lavender Essential Oil is our best-selling therapeutic essential oil!
Nexon Botanics USDA Certified Organic Lavender Essential Oil combines pure, natural, therapeutic grade Lavandula Angustifolia and Lavandula Hybrida.
Lavender Oil Uses and Benefits
Lavender oil is a highly versatile essential oil that you can pull out on almost any occasion. Explore top 10 uses of lavender essential oil listed below:
- The lavender essential oil has profound benefits for skin care. Lavender oil has intense moisturizing properties, which makes it perfect for skin that is prone to dryness. If the harsh winter has dried your pores and you want your summer skincare routine to be flawless, add lavender oil to your routine.
- If your skin is prone to itchiness, lavender oil has got you sorted! It contains compounds that provide a cooling sensation to the skin. What’s more, you can also use it for an itchy scalp! Applying lavender essential oil to your scalp soothes itchiness and cleanses the scalp with its antioxidant properties.
- Have your lips been feeling dry and chapped lately? Lavender essential oil provides intense hydration to your lips. You could use a drop of oil to rub onto your lips as a natural balm. It will leave your lips looking smooth and hydrated.
- Lavender oil can be used for aromatherapy in any diffuser for its calming benefits right before bed. It helps to soothe anxious feelings and nerves to relax your mood. This way, you can rejuvenate during a night of restful sleep.
- The oil is also popularly used in massage blends because it comforts the aching body and soothes sore muscles. This oil can help you unwind after a tiring and long day and give you the relaxing sensation your body needs.
- It always feels good to soak up in the sun. However, sometimes too much sun exposure can be harmful to your skin. Luckily, lavender oil contains compounds that protect the skin from UV radiation and other environmental pollutants and keep it looking fresh and young. You can now enjoy the sun whenever you want with just a little bit of this extraordinary oil.
- This oil has profound benefits for hair care as well. It is known to promote hair growth. It helps to improve the scalp’s health by acting as a gentle cleanser. Mixing the oil into your shampoo, hair mask, or any carrier oil and applying it to your hair strengthens the hair’s health, supporting long hair.
- Lavender has a very unique fragrance that is quite pleasant to the senses. Its romantic scent has been used to perfume countless personal care products, whether they are lotions, shampoos, body washes, or even perfume. You could make your very own DIY lavender perfume using just a couple of ingredients. Not only will you smell absolutely dreamy all day, but you will also be doing it at half the cost!
- Lavender oil is excellent for deodorizing the air and warding off unpleasant smells. If you’ve had an accident in the kitchen or want your restroom smelling fresh every time, diffuse lavender oil for a few minutes a day. This will purify the air in your home, giving you a refreshing aura to wake up to.
- The oil also helps to soothe headaches caused by stress. Its pleasant fragrance provides calmness to the mind. Applying a couple of drops to the temples in gentle and circular motions is another way to take advantage of this multipurpose gift of nature.
Three Lavender Oil Recipes and DIYs
- DIY Lip Balm
For this recipe, you will need:
- 1 tsp Fractionated coconut oil
- 1 tsp shea butter
- 1 tsp beeswax
- 5 drops of lavender essential oil
To a metal pot, add the fractionated coconut oil, the shea butter, and the beeswax. Melt the mixture on a low to medium flame for five to eight minutes. Once melted, take the mixture off of the heat and add the lavender oil. Allow it to cool before putting the balm into a container for daily use.
- DIY Perfume
For this recipe, you will need:
- 1 ounce of alcohol
- 10 drops of lavender essential oil
- 5 drops of vanilla oleoresin
Add all your ingredients to a bottle. Mix them well and allow the perfume to sit for two to three days before use.
- DIY Diffuser Blend
For this recipe, you will need:
- 2 drops of lavender essential oil
- 2 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 1 drop of rosemary essential oil
Into a diffuser, add all your essential oils. Diffuse this blend for fifteen to twenty minutes twice daily to get the best results.
Lavender Oil Fun Fact
The amount of plant product required to produce a substantial amount of lavender essential oil is immense. One hundred fifty pounds of lavender flowers are needed to produce just one pound of lavender essential oils!
Chemistry of Lavender Oil
Lavender oil contains many beneficial compounds, including linool, linayl acetate, and a-terpineol. It has an extremely low concentration of monoterpene esthers due to the climate of the Mediterranean Sea.
All of these compounds hold profound benefits for hair care and skin care with their antioxidant, moisturizing, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties.
By now, you’re probably wondering where you can get your hands on your very own bottle. Look no further!
Where to Buy Organic Lavender Essential Oil
To buy a bottle of pure and organic lavender essential oil, all you have to do is visit our website!
Usually, most essential oil manufacturers add filler substances and contaminants to their formula, which weakens the oil’s purity. However, we at Nexon Botanics know what a pure bottle of essential oil can do for your health and wellness. That is why our goal is to bring you essential oils that are free of additives and contaminants.
We build a bond of trust with our customers to rest assured that you will be in good hands.
Head on over to our product page and shop now!