Perhaps multitasking and overworking are the primary requisites of modern-day life. We rarely get time to rest and relax, and when we find it, there is always something to do or somewhere to go. This habit of having everything handled and controlled is bound to give rise to anxious and overwhelming feelings. But we only look for ways to manage anxious feelings when they begin interfering with our routines.
In efforts to calm anxious feelings and tension, many rely on aromatherapy. This alternative form of treatment is a healthy, safe, and holistic means to promote emotional and mental wellbeing. It involves inhalation, massage, and diffusion of essential oils to comfort a tense mind.
If you are interested in using essential to improve your daily routine, here is a guide on how to use essential oils to calm anxious feelings:
Where To Apply Essential Oils to Ease Stress and Anxious Feelings?
Dilution of essential oils before any topical application is an absolute necessity. Essential oils are concentrated liquids that can cause sensitivity or even aggravate existing skin concerns. You may choose to inhale, diffuse, apply on skin, massage, rub on pulse points, add in bathwater, or simply spray essential oils in your home, but it must be done appropriately.
Here is how you can use essential oils:
- Dilution: Ideally, one drop of essential oil per 1 teaspoon of carrier oil is a good rule of thumb for dilution.
- Diffusion: The purpose of diffusing essential oils is to spread their aromas around your surroundings to create a soothing ambiance. You can either add a few drops of essential oils into a spray bottle with distilled water to mist your surfaces or space. Or simply add 2-3 drops of essential oil to an electronic diffuser or humidifier mixed with water and turn on the magic.
- Inhalation: When you are on the go and happen to be out of reach of diffusers or humidifiers. Just open your favorite essential oil bottle and inhale its scent.
- Dry Evaporation: Another easy way to disperse essential oil aroma in your atmosphere is by pouring a few drops on a cotton ball or tissue paper. Essential oils have strong scents that can change the entire aura wherever you are present at the moment even with just 2-3 drops.
- Steam Inhalation: This method is known to help with congestion, headaches, and breathing ease while providing comfort to agitated and anxious minds. Into a steaming bowl of water, add a few drops of essential oil of your choice. Cover your head with a towel and inhale the aroma. Make sure to keep a safe distance from the water to avoid burning yourself. Keep your eyes closed the whole time. You shouldn’t repeat this procedure more than once in 15 days.
- Pulse points: Add 5 drops of essential oil to 15ml of carrier oil into a roller bottle. Apply it to your forehead, temples, back of the neck, behind the ears, or under the feet. Massage the oil using your fingertips and let it dry. Remember to wash your hands afterward.
- Massage: Now finally coming to the most popular and effective way of reaping essential oil’s benefits—massage therapy. When you have a long day and want to unwind, massage your muscles and joints with essential oil blends. Mix 5 drops of any essential oil with 10 ml of carrier oil. Massage it over desired areas of your skin and let it absorb completely. Wash your hands afterward.
What Are Some Good Essential Oils to Calm Anxiety?
Choosing an essential oil depends on the needs of the moment. You might want to relax, sleep better, gain emotional composure or create an ambiance that supports a better mood. To make your choice easier, here is the list of oils with their unique qualities:
- Cedarwood Oil: Balancing, calmative, promotes peaceful night’s sleep
- Eucalyptus Oil: Energizing, purifying, assists with easier breathing, calms stress
- Lemon Oil: Refreshing, cleansing, supports cheerful mood, soothes congestion
- Tea Tree Oil: Detoxifying, sharp scent, rejuvenating, known to enhance focus and concentration
- Lavender Oil: Soothing, pleasant, romantic aroma, helps with sleep, relaxes the tensed mind
- Orange Oil: Comforting, sweet, and welcoming scent, soothes mental irritability and feelings of agitation, excellent for a massage after dilution with a carrier oil
- Peppermint Oil: Invigorating, known to enhance alertness, eases stressful feelings, helps with cold and cough symptoms
- Frankincense Oil: Grounding, earthy and warm scent, promotes settled feelings, helps with sleep
- Lemongrass Oil: Fresh, vibrant scent, uplifts the mood, creates happy ambiance, eases headaches
By incorporating EO’s into your daily life, you connect with nature’s life force. The essential oil or blend being chosen for the moment empowers you on an emotional and mental level. All you need to do is choose the right oil and use it in an appropriate way for them to work their magic.To gain the true benefits of essential oils, stock up on natural and organic essential oils at our store. The chi of life is in purity, and we provide you just that—pure, non-additive, and undiluted essential oils.